Ever since I was a girl my own mother vowed[vaʊd]
I must find the way to power through a noble [ˈnoʊbl]贵族的brow [braʊ] 顶端我必须到爬上权利顶端的捷径
I married once for love then my senses came
因爱结婚,突然我意识到
I must marry for the stature [ˈstætʃər] 声望of my husband's name
我必须要个有名声的丈夫来结婚
Onto marrige number two
所以第二次结婚
I knew what I had to do
我知道我必须要怎么做
and my poor husband fell ill in a year or two
我可怜的丈夫,在两年内病死了
solved problem number one,now to problenm number two
解决了第一个问题,是时候解决第二个了
His deo-eyed littlle girl with gentle point of biew
那个他经常用温柔的眼神看着的小女孩
Would I ship her off to school?
我该送她去学校吗?
No!I told her if she stayed that she'd have to earn her keep
当然不了!我告诉她,如果她想要留下来,她就得挣钱养活自己
and so she became the maid [meɪd]!
于是她变成了女仆
She was lazy!
她很懒!
She was Crazy!
她很疯!
She was talking to the mice!
她曾经和老鼠们说话!
She was hopelessly naïve [naɪˈiːv]无知的天真的,so she had to pay the price. 她天真的无药可救,所以她必须付出代价
I moved her to the attic [ˈætɪk] 阁楼out of sight and out of mind.
我让她搬去那个我毫不在意也不想看见的阁楼
I coud have thrown her out,but I'm benevolent [bəˈnevələnt] 仁慈的and kind. 我本可以赶她出去,就是我太仁慈了
Mother,your heart's too big for you!
妈,你心真大
I knew what I had to do
我知道我必须要怎么做
After all,difficult children will take advantage of your good nature.
毕竟,那难相处的孩子会占你的便宜
So you lock them up
所以你把她们关起来
Throw away the key!
把钥匙扔了
There's one on every family tree
每个家族里都有一个人她
Ungrateful! [ʌnˈɡreɪtfl]
忘恩负义!
Hateful!
可恨!
Vile [vaɪl] too!The things she put you through!
还很邪恶!是她让你变成这样!
Break their spirit so they obey!
毁灭她们的心灵,让她们顺从!
Now they'll do anything you say
现在她们会乖乖听你的
Maybe you'd call it cruel but
也许你觉得这会很残忍,但是
others would call it love
我的26岁后妈有些人会称这叫爱
Tough [tʌf] Love!
严厉的爱!
I ask you,is it a crime to strive 追求for perfection in all things? 我问你,任何事都追求完美这是错的吗?
Oh,no,they're so cute when they're little but then they grow up and just…哦,不,他们小的时候很可爱,但长大后…
ruin everything!
会毁了一切!
I never wanted children
我从没想过要孩子
life was better on my own
我一个人过的多美好
all the screaming,nagging chilled me to the bone!
停不下来的尖叫声听得要了我的命
But then one day i came across a flower growing free
但有天我遇到一朵可以长生不老的花
it's magic kept me young,so i kept it all for me!
它能让我拾回年轻容貌,所以我将它占为己有
But someone dug it up now a baby held the power
但有人把它挖了出来,让那个宝宝拥有了魔力
so I "borrowed"her and locked her upand hid her in a tower!
所以我将她“借走”,把她锁起来,把她藏在塔里!
Years went by,OH!
多年之后,哦!
The sacrifice and against my better judgment,I fed her once or twice.
为了我自己更好,我牺牲了时间去喂养她
Teenagers now I know I wild eat their young
我知道现在的年轻人都很难管教
But that's messy
但是那实在是太令人厌恶了
manipulatin's easily more fun
操纵他们会更简单有趣
A little guilt,a lot of force,of course you have to lie 一点内疚,一点迫力,当然你还得必须要说谎
remind them without you,they'd shrivel up and die! 提醒他们,没有你,他们会枯萎而死!
They only have themselves to blame!
他们只能怪自己!
If you'd been there, you'd do the same
如果你身临其境,你也会这样做
So work them hard'til they fall in line
所以使劲使唤他们,让他们都受不了
There's one way and it's only mine
只有一条路,属于我的路
Children are lazy
小孩们都是懒惰的
Spoiled too
都给宠坏了
发布评论