Someone once said, "We don't stop playing because we grow old.
我们是因为停止玩耍而变老"[萧伯纳]
"We grow old because we stop playing."
小时候
When you're a kid,
你想象不出自己还会拥有别的朋友
you can't imagine having any other group of friends.
你觉得你们就是永远的兄弟
You think you're gonna be buddies forever.
当然了 对于很多人来说 那是不可能的
Of course, for most people, that just doesn't happen.
但是我和我的朋友想了个办法保持这种状态
But my friends and I, we figured out a way around that.
我们永远不会停止玩耍
We just never stopped playing.
我认为正是我们的游戏
And I like to think that simple thing, playing a game,
造就了今天的我
is what made me the man I am today.
而今天的你想当个保洁
So the man you are today wants to be a janitor.
是的
Yes.
马洛伊博士 我在看你的简历
Look, Doctor Malloy, I'm looking at your résumé.
现在
这上面说你有兽医学的博士学位
It says you got a Ph.D. in veterinary medicine
你现在也经营着一家成功的兽医诊所
and that you actually have a successful practice right now.
每个人一生中总会有
Look, there comes a time in every man's life
想要审视自己的时候
where you just gotta take stock,
问问自己什么才是真正重要的事
ask yourself what's really important,
真正的人生目标清单
what's on your bucket list.
那我把话说开了
So let me get this straight.
你的人生目标清单上没有
On your bucket list, you don't have,
跳伞或攀岩
like, skydiving or rock climbing,
或踢踏舞之类的吗
or tap dancing, maybe?
与狼共舞
Dancing with wolves,
我觉得那应该算是个成就吧
I believe that has to be a thing.
不然也不会专门有拍这个的电影了
They wouldn't have made a movie if it wasn't, you know?
我只知道 对我来说 我真正想做的事
All I know is that, for me, what I really want
就是为这个人擦去马桶圈上的尿渍
is to clean the urine off of that man's toilet seat.
我们老板
Talking about the boss.
自♥由♥亚特兰大
卡拉翰先生
Mr. Callahan.
他是个很好的人 这是个很好的公♥司♥
Yeah, he's a great man. This is a great company.
只要能让我接近这个人 我什么都愿意做
Anything I can do to get closer to that guy, sign me up.
听着
Okay, look, man.
老实说 搁在以前
Honestly, any other situation,
我会让你直接滚出我的办公室
I would just tell you to get the fuck out my office, okay?
但现在我们真的缺人 所以你什么时候能开工
But we do need the help, so when can you start?
我已经开工了
I've already begun.
你♥他♥妈♥搞什么呢
What the fuck was that?
这可乐我还没开过呢
I haven't even opened that yet.
对不起 我是想表现得积极一点
Uh, I'm sorry. I was trying to be proactive.
今天 我今天就能开始
Today. I can start today. Um...
我先给你再去买♥♥听可乐吧
Why don't I get you another Coke?
-那我就不计较了 -好
- You do that, we good. - Okay.
但是不要再把新的东西丢了
But don't throw away no more new stuff.
你不会失望的
You will not be disappointed.
我们不用握手的 伙计
We don't have to shake hands, man.
-好的 我马上回来 -好
- Okay. I'll be right back. - Sure.
白人真傻
White people.
鲍勃 你是八百强企业的执行总裁
All right, Bob. You're the CEO of a Fortune 800 company.
你获得了同行和客户们的尊重
You have commanded the respect of coworkers and vendors alike,
所以大人物们要来采访你
and that is why you're being interviewed by the big boys.
《华尔街日报》
The Wall Street Journal.
-克洛斯比小 -你好
- Miss Crosby. - Oh. Hi.
-鲍勃·卡拉翰 -丽贝卡
- Hi. Bob Callahan. - Rebecca.
谢谢你愿意抽出时间
Thank you so much for taking the time.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
直接开始吗
Should we just get right into it?
-直接开始吧 -好的
- Yeah, let's jump right in. - All right.
我希望向你的读者
Well, here's what I would love
展现我们公♥司♥的这一面
for your readers to know about our company.
我们年轻
We are young.
我们有活力 我们有趣
We are dynamic. We are fun.
那我们来谈谈糖尿病吧
Uh, so let's talk about diabetes.
卡拉翰先生 你要如何回应关于
Mr. Callahan, how do you respond to the idea
你们业界用自保险
that your industry uses captive insurance
来转移资产负债表的风险的说法
to move risk off balance sheets?
问得好 很尖锐 但非常有理有据
Well, great question. Tough, but fair.
我只能说我对自♥由♥亚特兰大的喜爱之处在于
Um, I guess I would say that what I love about Freedom Atlantic
我们不像其他保险公♥司♥
is that we're not like other insurance companies.
我们公♥司♥很大 又很小
Uh, we're big, but small.
很小
Uh... Small.
我们...
We are, um...
我们很复杂...
You know, we'
也很简单
...and yet, also simple.
我们很全球化
And we
又保持本土化
Yet local.
没错
That's exactly right.
抱歉 等一下
Sorry, one second.
你能不能等一会再来打扫
Uh, hey, could you maybe come back at another time?
我们正在谈事情呢 先生
We're just right in the middle of something. Sir?
恐怕不行 鲍勃
I'm afraid not, Bob.
上帝啊 霍吉
Jesus Christ, Hoagie!
你在这里干什么
What are you doing here?
你怎么过安保那关的
How did you get past security?
我不需要 我在这里工作
I didn't. I work here.
你在我公♥司♥了份工作好抓住我吗
You got a job at my company, so you could try to tag me?
拜托 鲍勃 结束了
Come on. Bob, it's over.
发誓的英文
发布评论