你相信上帝吗
Do you believe in God?
相信
Yes.
为什么
How can you?
我没法相信人类
I can't believe in people.
我必须得相信什么 否则我将无所寄托
I have to believe in something, or I'd fall.
然后堕入深渊
Fall down through
万劫不复
and never stop falling.
多谢您
Thank you, sir.
罪恶之家
伯灵公司
进来
Come in.
你来了
Hello.
谢谢
Thank you.
英格兰
1912年
亚瑟 你这话说得可不太合适
Arthur. I don't think that's really appropriate
希拉还在这呢
not with Sheila here.
没有的事 妈妈
Nonsense, Mummy.
比这过分的她也听过
She's heard a lot worse than that.
-是吗 -你知道我听过
- Have you? - You know I have.
这顿晚餐真的太棒了
An altogether excellent dinner.
一定要告诉厨师 西比尔
You must tell cook from me, Sybil.
你可不该在客人面前这么自夸
And you're not supposed to say such things in front of guests.
又说错话了
In trouble again!
不过 这确实是一等一的晚餐 伯灵夫人
Well, it really was first class, Mrs Birling.
-谢谢 -我可没把杰拉德当客人 你明白吧
- Thank you. - I don't think of Gerald as a guest, you know.
不再当他是客人了
Not any more.
我也觉得今晚以后他就不是客人了
I don't see how he can be, after tonight.
再来点吧 妈妈
Oh, do take some, Mummy.
今天这么特殊
It is a special occasion.
好吧 少来一点
Very well. Just a little.
好了艾德娜 我们要咖啡的时候
All right, Edna. I'll ring from the drawing room
会拉铃的
when we want coffee.
好的 夫人
Yes, ma'am.
你什么情况
What's the matter with you?
我也不知道 不好意思 我只是
I don't know. Sorry,
他微醺了
Ah, he's squiffy.
不 我没有
No, I'm not.
希拉
Sheila.
酒杯既然已经斟满
Now that our glasses are full,
我想为今晚说几句
I'd like to say a few words to mark the occasion.
你们两个 消停点
Stop it, you two.
杰拉德 我不怕告诉你
Gerald, I don't mind telling you
你跟希拉订婚
that your engagement
对我来说意义重大
...means a tremendous amount to me.
我一直想要的就是你这样的女婿
You're just the kind of son-in-law I've always wanted.
我和你父亲在商场上明争暗斗
Your father and I have been rivals in business
已经不知道多少年了
for longer than I care to remember,
但是你拉近了我们的关系
but you're bringing us together.
也许 我们能期待未来
And perhaps we can look forward to
伯灵集团和
a time when Birling and Company
考夫特有限公司化干戈为玉帛 携手共进
and Crofts Limited are no longer competing, but working as one.
-是啊 是啊 -更低成本
- Hear hear. - Lower costs,
更高收益 对吧
higher prices, eh?
我父亲一定会赞同的
My father would certainly agree to that.
你这么说 听起来就像是政治联姻
You're making it sound like a political alliance.
我们都知道你俩远不止这个
We know there's a lot more to it than that.
而且你们结婚的时机也是极好的
And you've chosen the best possible time to be married.
经济终于要开始回暖了
The economy's on the way up at last,
工人们都在摩拳擦掌
the workers are knuckling under
明白什么是对他们有利的
and realising what's good
如果打起仗来呢
What about war?
希望你幸福不可能打起来的 埃里克
There's not going to be a war, Eric.
德国人比我们更不想打仗
The Germans don't want a war any more than we do.
是么
Really?
因为报纸上说
Because according to
我们不谈这个好吗
Let's not talk about this now.
我要祝你们俩生活一切顺利
I want to wish the pair of you the very best that life can bring.
没错 杰拉德
Yes, Gerald.
希拉 亲爱的
Sheila,
祝贺你们 祝你们幸福
our congratulations and very best wishes.
谢谢
Thank you.
没错 祝你们幸福
Um... Yes. To both of you.
她真的不错 杰拉德
She's not bad really, Gerald.
有点小脾气
Got a bit of a temper.
要注意她的右钩拳
Watch out for the right hook.
傻瓜
Chump.
真的 我希望你幸福
Really, I hope you find happiness.
真心的
I really do.
我不能为这个干杯 是吧
Well, I can't drink to this, can I?
我什么时候喝呢
When do I drink?
我俩可以对饮一杯
You can drink to me.
好啊 这还不错
All right, I will.
我敬你 杰拉德
I drink to you, Gerald.
我也敬你
And I drink to you.
我希望我能让你尽可能的快乐
I hope that I can make you as happy as you deserve to be.
我就从
And I would like
送给你这个开始
by giving you this.
杰拉德 这就是你说要送给我的东西吗
Oh, Gerald! Is it the one you wanted me to have?
就是这个
The very one.
看呀 妈妈 是不是很美
Ah, look, Mummy, isn't it a beauty?
真的很美
It certainly is.
不错
Well done.
杰拉德
Oh,
克制点啊
Steady the buffs.
现在我是确实感觉到自己订婚了
Now I really feel engaged.
太好了 这就是我要的效果
Yes, well, I should hope that you do!
那 我们先走吧
Well, shall we go through?
好的 走吧
Yes, let's.
-我们不会太晚的 -那就好
- We won't be long. - Don't be.
埃里克 我能跟你说几句吗
Eric? May I have a word?
好的 妈妈 当然
Yes, Mama, of course.
请别喝那么多了
Please don't drink too much port.
我没有醉
I'm not squiffy.
可是我真的觉得你有点 "微醺"
Well, I think you are a "squiffy".
你今晚到底为什么喝这么多
Why are you drinking so much tonight anyway?
你显然没有你爸爸酒量好
You clearly can't take as much as
事实证明 也没有杰拉德酒量好
or Gerald, if it comes to it.
我以为你会等我40岁的时候再来管这个
I expect you'll be saying that when I'm 40.
你40岁的时候 我可不一定还在了
Well, I may not be here when you're 40,
所以该管就得管
so I'm saying it now.
发布评论