有时候  我觉得我被诅咒了
Sometimes, I think I'm cursed.
因为一些在我出生之前发生的事
Because of something that happened before I was even born.
很久以前  有这么一家人
See, a long time ago, there was this family.
爸爸是一个音乐
The papa, he was a musician.
他和他的家人一起唱歌♥跳舞  过得很幸福
He and his family would sing and dance and count their blessings.
可是爸爸有个梦想  要唱歌♥给全世界听
But he also had a dream. To play for the world.
有一天
And one day,
他背着他的吉他离开了  再也没有回来
he left with his guitar and never returned.
而妈妈
And
她没时间为爸爸的离开而伤心难过
She didn't have time to cry over that walk-away musician.
抛弃了生命中所有的音乐后
After banishing all music from her life
她想了个办法继续养活自己的女儿
she found a way to provide for her daughter.
她卷起了袖子  学习怎么做鞋子
She rolled up her sleeves and she learned to make shoes.
她明明可以学做糖果
She could have made candy,
或者烟花  或者给摔跤手穿的闪亮裤子
or fireworks, or sparkly underwear for wrestlers,
但是不  她偏偏选了鞋子
but no, she chose shoes.
后来她教女儿怎么做鞋子
Then she taught her daughter to make shoes.
然后又教会了她的女婿
And later, she taught her son-in-law.
她的孙辈也不例外
Then her grandkids got roped in.
随着家族日渐壮大  生意也越做越大
As her family grew, so did the business.
音乐曾经让她的家族分崩离析
Music had torn her family apart.
但是鞋子又帮她建家立业
But shoes held them all together.
那个女人
You see, that woman
就是我的曾曾奶奶  伊美黛
was my great-great-grandmother, Mama Imelda.
我出生之前很久她就死了
She died way before I was born.
但是每年亡灵节  我们家
But my family still tells her story
还是会讲她的故事
every year on Dia de
这是纪念逝者的节日
the Day of the Dead.
她的小女儿
And her little girl,
就是我的曾祖母  可可曾奶奶
she's my great-grandmother, Mama Coco.
你好  可可曾奶奶
Hola, Mama Coco.
你好吗  胡里奥
How are you, Julio?
其实我的名字叫米格尔
Actually, my name is Miguel.
可可曾奶奶记性不太好了
Mama Coco has trouble remembering things.
但是我还是很喜欢和她聊天
But it's good to talk to her anyway.
我几乎所有事都和她说
So, I tell her pretty much everything.
我以前这样跑步
I used to run like this.
但现在我这样跑步快多了
But now I run like this which is way faster.
胜利者是  超级无敌的可可曾奶奶
And the winner is Luchadora Coco!
我这边有个酒窝  这边没有
I have a dimple on this side, but not on this side.
有酒窝没酒窝  有酒窝没酒窝
Dimple, no dimple. Dimple, no dimple.
米格尔  好好吃你的
Miguel, eat your food.
我的奶奶  她是可可曾奶奶的女儿
My abuelita, she's Mama Coco's daughter.
你太瘦了  孩子  多吃点
Oh, you're a twig, mijo. Have some more.
不用了  谢谢
No, gracias.
我问过你要不要再来点玉米粉蒸肉
I asked if you would like more tamales!
好吧
Sí?
我记得你就是这么说的
That's what I thought you said!
奶奶和伊美黛老祖宗
Abuelita runs our house
当年一样管理这个家族
just like Mama Imelda did.
不准有音乐
No music!
不准有音乐
No music!
不准有音乐
No music!
我觉得我们是墨西哥唯一一个
I think we're the only family in Mexico
讨厌音乐的家族
who hates music.
我的家人觉得无所谓  但是我...
And my family's fine with that.
-午餐之前回来  孩子  -爱你  妈妈
- Be back by lunch, mijo. - Love you, Mama.
我和我其他家人不一样
I am not like the rest of my family!
-你好  米格尔  -你好
- Hola, Miguel! - Hola!
-非常感谢  -不客气  米格尔
- Muchas gracias. - De nada, Miguel.
但丁
Hey! Dante!
起来  趴下  打滚  握手[抖动]
Sit. Down. Roll over. Shake.
击拳
Fist bump!
好样的  但丁
Good boy, Dante!
我知道我不该喜欢音乐
I know I'm not supposed to love music.
但这不是我的错  是他的错
But it's not my fault! It's his!
埃内斯托·德拉库斯
Ernesto de la Cruz.
有史以来最伟大的音乐家
The greatest musician of all time.
在这个广场上
Right here in this very plaza,
埃内斯托·德拉库斯向着成为墨西哥历史上
Ernesto de la Cruz took his
最伟大的歌♥手  迈出了第一步
toward becoming the most beloved singer in Mexican history.
他一开始是个圣塔塞西莉亚的无名小卒  像我一样
He started out a total nobody from Santa Cecilia, like me.
但是当他开始唱歌♥  人们就爱上了他
But when he played music, he made people fall in love with him.
他参演过电影
He starred in movies.
他有最炫酷的吉他  他能飞
He had the coolest guitar! He could fly!
他写了很多首很棒的歌♥
And he wrote the best songs.
埃内斯托
埃内斯托·德拉库斯
德拉库斯
埃内斯托·德拉库斯
请记住我
但是我一直以来最喜欢的是...
记住我
But my all-time favorite,
埃内斯托·德拉库斯
请记住我
请记住我
Remember me
请记住我
Remember me
虽然再见必须说
Though I have to say goodbye
-请记住我  -请记住我
- Remember me - Remember me
眼泪不要坠落
Don't let it make you cry
我虽然要离你远去
For even if I'm far away
你住在我心底
I hold you in my heart
在每个分离的夜里
I sing a secret song to you
为你唱一首歌♥
Each night we are apart
请记住我
Remember me
虽然我要去远方
Though I have to travel far
请记住我
Remember me
当听见吉他的悲伤
Each time you hear a sad guitar
这就是我跟你在一起唯一的凭据
Know that I'm with you the only way that I can be
直到我再次拥抱你
Until you're in my arms again
他过着人人梦寐以求的生活
He lived the kind of life you dream about.
请记住我
Remember me
直到1942年
Until 1942.
他被一个大钟砸死了
When he was crushed by a giant bell.