餐厅服务员情景对话
A:What can I do for you,sir?
先生,您要来点什么?
B:What have you got this morning?
今天早上你们这儿有什么?
A:Fruit juice,cakes and refreshments,and everything.
水果汁、糕点、各种茶点等等,应有尽有。
B:I’d like to have a glass of tomato juice,please.
请给我来一杯西红柿汁。
A:Any cereal,sir?
要来点谷类食品吗,先生?
B:Yes,a dish of cream of wheat.
好的,来一份麦片粥。
A:And eggs?
还要来点鸡蛋什么的吗?
B:Year,bacon and eggs with buttered toast.I like my bacon very crisp.
要,再来一份熏猪肉和鸡蛋,我喜欢熏猪肉松脆一点。
A:How do you want your eggs?
您喜欢鸡蛋怎么做?
B:Fried,please.
煎的。
A:Anything more,sir?
还要什么别的东西吗,先生?
B:No,that’s enough.Thank you.
不要了,足够了。谢谢。
Dialogue 2
(A couple waiting to be seated in a crowded restaurant)
(一对夫妇在拥挤的餐厅外等待就座)
A:Do you have a reservation,sir?
请问您订位了吗?先生,太太?
B:No,I am afraid we don’t.
没有。
A:I’m sorry.The restaurant is full now.You have to wait for about half an hour.Would you care to have a drink at the lounge until a table is available?
很抱歉,餐厅已经满座了。约要等30分钟才会有空桌。你们介意在休息室喝点东西直至有空桌吗?
B:No,thanks.We’ll come back later.May I reserve a table for two?
不用了,谢谢。我们等一会儿再来。请替我们预定一张二人桌,可以吗?
A:Yes,of course.May I have your name,sir?
当然可以。请问先生贵姓?
B:Bruce.By the way.Can we have a table by the window?
布鲁斯。顺便,我们可以要一张靠近窗口的桌子吗?
A:We’ll try to arrange it but I can’t guarantee,sir.
我们会尽量安排,但不能保证,先生。
B:That’s fine.
我们明白了。
(Half an hour later,the couple comes back.)
半小时后,布鲁斯夫妇回来了。
A:Your table is ready,sir.Please step this way.
你们的桌子已经准备好了,先生,太太。请往这边走。
Dialogue 3
A:Waiter,a table for two,please.
服务生,请给我一张两人的桌子。
B:Yes,this way please.
好的,请跟我来。
A:Can we see the menu,please?
能让我们看一看菜单吗?
B:Here you are.
给您。
A:What’s good today?
今天有什么好吃的?
B:I recommand crispy and fried duck.
我推荐香酥鸭。
A:We don’t want that.Well,perhaps we’ll begin with mushroom soup,and follow by some seafood and chips.
我们不想吃香酥鸭。或许我们可以先吃蘑菇汤,然后再要点海鲜和土豆片。
B:Do you want any dessert?
要甜品吗?
C:No dessert,thanks.Just coffee.
不,谢谢。咖啡就行了。
(After a few minutes.)餐厅服务员
过了一会儿。
A:I can have the check,please.
结帐。
C:George.Let’s split this.
乔治,我们各自付帐吧。
A:No,it’s my treat tonight.
不,今天我请客。
B:Cash or charge,sir?
现金还是记帐?
A:Charge,please.Put it on my American Express.
记帐。请记入我的“美国运通信用卡”帐号。
Dialogue 4
A:Good morning.Can I help you?
早上好。有什么能效劳的吗?
B:I want an American breakfast with fried eggs,sunny side up.
我想要一份美式早餐,要单面煎的鸡蛋。
A:What kind of juice do you prefer,sir?
您想要哪种果汁呢?
B:Grapefruit juice and please make my coffee very strong.
西柚汁,还有,我要杯很浓的咖啡。
A:Yes,sir.American breakfast with fried eggs,sunny side up,grapefruit juice and a black coffee.Am I correct,sir?
好的,一份美式早餐,要单面煎的鸡蛋、西柚汁及一杯清咖啡,对吗?
B:Yes,that’s right.
是的。
A:Is there any thing else,sir?
还有什么吗,先生?
B:No,that’s all.